The following list are the most common questions I am asked. For more FAQs please click on cleaning tips and look for the FAQ link under the various topics. Plus email me from my contact page for questions that are not answered on my website.
1. I attended your recent cleaning seminar and have used so many of your cleaning suggestions. Are you available for other seminars especially about green cleaning?”
Yes I am. Helping people rid their lives of toxic chemicals and helping them find fast easy ways to clean is my primary focus. In the meantime pick up a copy of my book “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Green Cleaning” and learn to speed clean without toxic chemicals.
2. Mary your Idiot’s Guide to Green Cleaning is excellent but I’m still confused as to how to start getting the toxic chemicals out of my home and bring in earth friendly products. Is there an easy guide I can use?
Congratulations on wanting to make the move to be a Greener Cleaner. On the left side of my web pages or at the top of each page you will see a place to sign up to be a Mary Moppins Greener Cleaner. The introductory page is full of sustainable living tips that are geared to save you money. Then sign the form and you will receive an easy month by month room by room guide to rid your home of all toxins. Plus I’ll sign you up to receive my cleaning tips newsletter.
3. I’m so tired of lugging around buckets of water, spending hours rinsing out mops and it’s costing a fortune to replace them. HELP!
The Best Home Mop Plus With Extension Handle or any of our Best Home Mops are designed to clean without buckets. Simply rinse a towel under the faucet and mop. The head will not soak in water and never needs rinsing. No buckets, no rinsing, no wet smelly mops. Just a clean floor, baseboards too, fast and easy. The easiest part? Toss the towel in the laundry when you finish.
4. Mary I hear a lot of people who just love microfiber towels and mops. I’ve heard others say they will scratch the finish. What is your take on microfiber?
I like microfiber for taking bugs off windshields or clean windows and mirrors. My experience has been that microfiber will scratch. I have also talked to several microfiber manufacturiing companies at International trade shows who have told me that microfiber will scratch. For any sealed, finished or painted surface I recommend our Baby Diaper Cloth, Terry Towels and Lint-Free Towels.
5. Mary I just moved into my firt home and need a complete system to clean it. But I want to clean it fast. What can you recommend?
Congratulations on your first home. It is exciting. I have a kit that is perfect for you called The Precision Home Cleaning Kit with Standard Handle. It' also comes with an extension handle if you have tall ceilings. It has everything you need to clean a home. Terry towels for cleaning the bathroom, kitchen and floors, baby diaper cloths for dusting, lint free towels for cleaning mirrors and windows. I also include my mop, a bottle of concentrated all purpose cleaner CleanEz and a bottle of my concentrated streak free window cleaner, Benya plus 2 empty spray bottles to dilute them. You'll receive a signed copy of my book The Complete Idiot's Guide to Green Cleaning and a PDF version of Precision Cleaning. You can see more about my mops and this kit if you click on the videos at the right side of my pages.
Be sure to catch more of Mary's Tips in her Cleaning Tips section